Saturday, April 17, 2010

Friend #6

Friend #6 walked through the door of my house tonight sweeter than anything I've seen lately. Victoria is the sister of my beloved sister-in-law, Parris (who's really more like a real sister). I met her tonight. Without putting all of her business out there, Victoria is amazing because she's 20 years young and going through a divorce after only a few months of marriage. I admire her assurance that marriage is not right for such a young girl.
She showed me tonight what a caring and attentive aunt she is to our shared brilliant nephew, Emerson. I was so happy to see with my own eyes that my Golden Child nephew has another wonderful, loving aunt other than me (he can't be with me ALL the time, you know!) She will overcome the obstacles that the past year shoved in front of her and come out even stronger. I know because I was once 20 years old, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment